Winter has made its presence felt yet again and the one place where your layers of winter clothes can’t help is your hair! We have 5 hot tips to help your hair stay beautiful and healthy through the harsh conditions winter presents.
Let’s start with a solution you can implement before you even leave the house!
1. Invest in a humidifier for your room! The reason your hair takes such a battering in the winter is because of how little moisture cold air is able to hold. So being able to introduce this moisture back into warmer air present in your home will stop your hair drying out. It will also help with dry skin you might experience during winter. The biggest complaint with Humidifiers is that they are ugly!! But don’t worry, Instyle has curated a list of great looking devices to suit any taste and budget. Check them out here InStyle.com | Shop stylish humidifiers.
2. During the winter mounts, keep washing your hair to a minimum, say two to three times per week. This will help to prevent your hair from drying out roo much. On days you do wash your hair, always dry your hair thoroughly before you leave the house. This will stop your hair becoming brittle and dry when exposed to the cold air. Plus, it will stop you feeling extra cold!
3. Then, once a week, treat your hair to a deep condition treatment. Using a product such as Swartzkofph Bonacure Total Repair Treatment will help to restore some back moisture to dry and damaged hair.
4. One very simple tip is to wear a hat when out as it keeps your hair covered from the wind, rain and snow. But as we all know, no woman wants the “dreaded hat hair.” A great way to avoid this is to wrap your hair in a silk scarf before putting on your cozy, wool beanie. This helps to protect your hair from damage caused by the hat rubbing against your hair and it also cuts down on the static.
5. One of the best ways to ensure natural, beautiful and soft hair through winter is to get regular trims, say every 6-8 weeks. This only needs to be a light scissoring of the tips to help reduce the occurrence of split ends. Finding the perfect stylist to keep your hair healthy through winter on The Cut.
Hopefully, if you implement a few or all of the above tips, your hair will survive the winter and still look and feel fabulous!